
I was welcomed into this world, along with my twin sister Meagan, on April 25, 1980, into the comforting, loving arms of my mother and the cold, steel-like hands of my dead beat father. I owe who I am today to my dear Mother, Cindy, known by the grandkids as Cincy.
I had a wonderful upbringing thanks to my unselfish Mother and my stepdad Richard. My childhood was anything but boring growing up with my, fly-by-the-seat-of-her-pants, sister. Growing up as a twin was, at times, hard on me. I struggled for years to find my own identity. I was always known as MeaganMia, that way they always got it right.
I was fortunate to grow up in the small Texas panhandle community of Spearman, Texas, home of the LYNX. Spearman was a place where everyone knew everyone, everyone knew EVERYTHING about everyone, and where you knew your child was safe. It is the kind of atmosphere where I want to raise my daughter.
On June 16, 2001, Anthony and I were blessed with the best gift of all, our daughter, Ivy Kincaid. She is a spitting image of her father and one who is wise beyond her years. She never ceases to amaze me. These last seven years have flown by far too quickly!
I try to be positively optimistic as I tend to look at the glass as half full instead of half empty. Life is far too short to dwell on miniscule things that you cannot control nor change. As we all know, life is never perfect and I intend to live my life as a good person should. I feel you should be ONE in a million, not one OF a million.
I decided to start this blog so I could release some of the thoughts that occupy my scrambled mind. Who knows, this could turn out to be free therapy for me! Feel free to stop by often!!


No comments:
Post a Comment